Equality & Diversity
ONE Academy Trust aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
In accordance with The Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011, we publish information to demonstrate how we are complying with the public sector equality duty and our equality objectives.
The following specific policies and objectives support our commitment:
- Equality & Diversity Policy
- Equality Duty Report (incorporating our objectives & progress against our targets)
- Accessibility Policy (incorporating each school's Accessibility Plans)
- Sawley Junior School Accessibility Plan
- Sawley Infant School Accessibility Plan
- Shardlow Primary School Accessibility Plan
- Dovedale Primary School
These are available to view or download in our Policy Section here
In addition, we consider equality & diversity and accessibility as part of all our policies and procedures and the principles of inclusion are embedded into all our practice.
Each of the schools within the trust incorporate equality objectives and accessibility planning within their own individual school improvement plans. For further information, please see the individual school websites.