Equality & Diversity
Willows Academy Trust aims to meet its obligations under the public sector equality duty by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
The Willows Academy Trust Equality & Diversity Policy (see our Equality & Diversity Policy) meets the requirements under the following legislation:
- The Equality Act 2010, which introduced the public sector equality duty and protects people from discrimination
- The Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011, which requires schools to publish information to demonstrate how they are complying with the public sector equality duty and to publish equality objectives.
Each of the academies within the trust incorporate equality objectives within their own individual school improvement plans and accessibility planning. For further information, please see the individual school websites.